Monday, September 21, 2015

Nutrition Analysis

        During the Falcon Market activity and Supertracker assignment, I (re)learned the major food groups and the nutrients present in each. I now know to stay away from trans fats, or also known as hydrogenated fats, as they increase the risk of heart disease. I was able to reevaluate my diet, according to what the Supertracker website had limited me to, but I still feel that, with the physical activity I do and my rate of metabolism, the calorie limit per day is a little low. I was, on two out of the three days recorded on Supertracker, far exceeding my recommended limit for sodium intake, and this makes sense, as I seem to feel a little more thirsty the days I consume salty, or high sodium-content foods. To remedy this problem of sodium, I could try to ask my parents to put less sauce in home-made foods, or just tell them that I will add the sauce (the main source of sodium) into the food myself, to monitor and regulate my sodium balance. Also, I find myself lacking in vegetables. This can easily be rectified, through, with a side of salad or cucumbers to each meal, and is easily found in asian markets. If I were to pose as a dietician or the like, I would probably advise them to look carefully at ingredient labels, as I've learned that foods with less than one gram of trans(hydrogenated) fats are allowed to round down on the nutrition labels, but still are required to state it in the ingredients and manufacturing list.
9/16
9/15
9/17




No comments:

Post a Comment